Grants now open
Did you know that there are some grants that are now open
Small Business Digital Grants Program
The Small Business Digital Grants Program provides small businesses with access to digital technologies and services to enable them to work smarter, engage with the global economy and make the most of online business opportunities arising from digital disruption.
Matched funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses for the purchase of hardware, software and services (such as digital coaching). The minimum grant funding is $1000. The business must show that the digital technology or service purchased and adopted will enhance the digital capabilities of their business and help them to be more competitive and employ more staff.
Payment will be made directly to the business on completion of the project and on presentation of proof of payment for the product or service.
Find out if you are eligible
Apply before 24th October 2017
Accelerate Small Business Grants Program
The Queensland Government is providing $3 million in grant funding over 3 years to established Queensland-based small businesses to engage business mentors, coaches, specialist consultants or an advisory board, for a 6 to 12 month period. (An advisory board provides non-binding strategic advice to a management team).
The Accelerate Small Business Grants Program provides targeted assistance to small businesses that demonstrate high-growth and employment aspirations, to enable them to engage high-level experts and strategic advisors to work closely with them in their business.
Matching funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses to engage business mentors, coaches, specialist consultants or an advisory board, for between 6 to 12 months. The funding must be matched by a cash contribution from the participating business.
Two grant payments will be made directly to the business, with 50% paid on grant approval and on receipt of a valid tax invoice, and a further 50% paid on successful completion of the project.
Find out if you are eligible
Are you looking for innovation funding? Then you should look into the Grants Directory
The aim of a grants directory is to provide a list of all available grants in the one place. This allows you to easily find the relevant financial support opportunities for your business.
Australian Business Licence and Information Service (ABLIS)
ABLIS provides information about grants and subsidies that are tailored to your specific business and industry.
Queensland Government science and innovation grants
Learn about the range of grants and programs available from Advance Queensland.
Grants and assistance finders
Queensland Business Grants and Assistance Finder - the government are trailing a new service designed to help you find Queensland Government grants and assistance programs for your business and research needs.
The Australian Government Grants and Assistance finder - provides information on grant opportunities for businesses and industry. This directory can direct you to funding programs for new ideas and initiatives from all levels of government - Australian, Queensland, and local.
Entrepreneurs' Infrastructure Program
The Entrepreneurs' Infrastructure Program, delivered by the Australian Government Department of Industry, provides easy to access practical support and funding for small and medium businesses to improve business capability and competitiveness, promote economic growth and support the commercialisation of new ideas. Current programs include:
- Business Evaluations - an assessment conducted at a business’ premises, resulting in a detailed report and recommendations for improvements.
- Business Growth Grants - small, co-funded grants to engage external expertise to assist businesses with implementing improvements recommended by their Business Evaluation.
- Innovation Connections - a facilitated service to:
- identify critical and strategic research needs and opportunities for the business;
- support the business to connect with sources of expertise, technology and advice;
- provide pathways to engage and collaborate with the research sector.
- Accelerating Commercialisation - help for entrepreneurs, researchers, start-ups and businesses to address key challenges on the commercialisation pathway of bringing novel products, processes and service to the market. (this is a great one for Wynnes customers)
See the full list of the Department of Industry’s grants for Queensland based businesses.
Renewable energy funding
Renewable energy grants are available for businesses looking to fund an innovative renewable energy project.
Research and development (R&D) tax incentive
For the larger companies out there who have been busy developing new products – this is for you
The Australian Government’s R&D Tax Incentive helps eligible businesses with a generous tax offset of some of the costs of doing R&D. It aims to help innovative businesses to do R&D and is open to firms of all sizes conducting eligible R&D activities in all sectors. View a snapshot of the R&D Tax Incentive for an overview of the program, including eligibility criteria
Provides a tax offset for some of a company's cost of doing eligible research and development (R&D) activities by reducing a company's income tax liability. Tax offsets of 43.5% or 38.5% are available for costs incurred on eligible activities depending on a company’s annual aggregated turnover. The 43.5% benefit is a refundable offset.
Who can apply:
At a minimum, applicants must:
- be an incorporated company
- be conducting eligible core R&D activities. These are defined in the legislation as being experiments that are guided by hypotheses and conducted for the purpose of generating new knowledge
- have incurred eligible R&D expenditure or notional deductions of at least $20,000 (unless using a Research Service Provider or a Cooperative Research Centre).