As we covered in a recent article regarding Chinese IP protection improvements, China is Australia's largest trading partner. This presents great opportunities for Australian businesses as Australia is both a leading source of resources and a supplier of premium goods and services to China.
IP Australia Breakfast Seminar on Protecting your IP and selling online in China
On Monday 15 October, 2018 IP Australia will be holding a free breakfast seminar at The Sydney Startup Hub.
Multiple IP and Trade speakers will cover many topics around why protecting IP is so vital for anyone looking to enter China, and the paths to prosperity in China's booming online marketplace.
- David Bennett, IP Counsellor to China - IP Australia
- Jack Lu, Commerce Advisor - Austrade
- George Chan, Partner - Simmons & Simmons (Beijing) Intellectual Property Agency Company Limited (China)
- Peter Mackey - Director, International Trade - NSW Trade and Investment
- IP fundamentals, including trade marks, copyright, and patents
- Chinese language branding
- IP challenges in China
- IP enforcement
- Contracts and other legal agreements
- What to do before you visit China
- How to access China’s e-commerce market
- Regulatory matters and cross-border e-commerce channels.
If you’re in Sydney on Monday 15 October, 2018 make sure you take advantage of IP Australia’s free breakfast seminar.
China is Australia's largest trading partner. This presents great opportunities for Australian businesses as Australia is both a leading source of resources and a supplier of premium goods and services to China.
China now appears to want to be the leader in innovation and to do so they are placing a lot of time and resources into their intellectual property system.
If you would like to know more about obtaining patent protection overseas
We also have a short attorney FAQ guide to assist you in preparing for the initial meeting and make it more valuable for you.
Your first consultation is free of charge.
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
“Ewen just made the process easy. He explained things well and it wasn’t too complicated to understand”.
"I felt so comfortable with Philipp and with the team at Wynnes, that I didn’t need or want to go anywhere else for IP advice and protection."
"A friend of mine strongly recommended to see Ewen. As soon as I met with him and started discussing my idea, I knew that I was in capable hands."
"When we came to the office and showed Philipp a prototype, he really grasped the product and concept without having to double explain things which was great."