You live and die by your name. Well at least commercially. Consumers may not know who you are but they do know your name or your brand – that is your Mark.
From your Mark, they know the quality of your product, the promptness of your service, and the reliability of your aftersales service.
There are plenty of examples where a characteristic or quality in relation to a product or service recalls a trade mark, such as:
- The reproducibility of a McDonald’s burger no matter where you are in the world.
- The level of personal attention given while purchasing a Dell computer.
- The quality of a set of Stanley screw drivers.
- The accuracy and detail of a Swiss analogy watch.
- The lemon scent of Palmolive dishwashing liquid.
- The bounce of a Spalding tennis balls.
- The throaty engine roars from a Harley-Davidson motorcycle.
- The reliability of a Marshal battery to start your car irrespective of cold weather.
- The colour red beneath a pair of Louboutin stilettos.
- The shape and design of a Coca-Cola bottle.
- The safety of a Volvo motorcar.
These trademarks have achieved their reputation through constant use and delivery of a promised quality.
Your consumers know your key Mark and what that it stands for. Your consumers know what your Mark means to them. Your Mark embodies your unique selling proposition.
Your Mark is YOU. Your Mark is the most valuable thing you have for without it, you would not exist. It then makes sense to protect your Mark.
You protect your Mark to ensure your brand and reputation stays true to your vision throughout the commercial region. You protect your Mark from those who would hijack it and use it to their advantage. You protect your Mark to stop copycats piggybacking themselves on you.
You must register your Mark to protect it and keep it yours. You must register your Mark to stay alive and grow. You must register your Mark to exist commercially.
At Wynnes, we can register your Mark to protect it. At Wynnes, we can register your Mark to keep it true to your values and vision. At Wynnes, we can help you exist commercially and expand with confidence.
So, what are you waiting for? Please don’t hesitate to contact us about your Mark.